webMathematica: how to take objects passed into a JSP page and manipulate them in the MSP tags
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52073] webMathematica: how to take objects passed into a JSP page and manipulate them in the MSP tags
- From: rorypetty at gmail.com (rory)
- Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 01:37:44 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm having a difficult time integrating webMathematica 2 into our web app. I have a JSP page inside which I create a simple vector for test purposes: <% Vector test = new Vector(); test.add(new Double(10.0)); %> I really want to be able to send a data object to the page and then convert all the data that came from our database lookup into an array or something webMathematica will like. Anyways, the next thing I want to be able to do is get the array or vector into the MSP blocks. So I tried this: <msp:allocateKernel> <msp:set name="var1" objectValue="<%= test %>" /> <msp:evaluate> var1@HashCode </msp:evaluate> The problem is that once the reference is passed in, I can't do anything with it. What I really want is just to be able to send an array into the MSP section and then ListPlot it. Any ideas?