Re: finding explicit rule for series

Uwe Ziegenhagen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a series of numbers and would like to use Mathematica to find the
> explicit algorithm in that way:
>
> n(i)=5342543+n(i-1)....
>
> I already spent some time with the manual, but didn't find anything.
>
> Uwe

If you want to find a minimal length linear recurrence from a list of
numbers you can use code posted at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&threadm=108qa91a2qimp77%40corp.supernews.com&prev=/groups%3Fnum%3D25%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26group%3Dsci.math.symbolic%26safe%3Doff%26start%3D450

I should point out that I have no reason to believe that code comprises
the most efficient way to do this sort of thing.

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research