Re: Roman Maeder's Classes.m

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62899] Re: Roman Maeder's Classes.m
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 00:04:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

there are two books by R. Maeder, one "Computer
Science with Mathamtica"
and a (I belive german book) that summarise his
computer science teaching
at the ETH. Both explain the object oriented
approach.

Regards
  Jens

"Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:dn5o3i$nhf$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Does anybody know where I can find an
explanation of how Roman Maeder's
| Classes.m works?  The notebook advertised at the
following link seems to be
| some kind of binary file insted of a Mathematica
notebook:
| http://www.mathconsult.ch/math/stuff/
|
| It may be described in _The Mathematica
Programmer_, but that book is
| unfortunately out of print.  I can read the
code, and understand most of
| it.  That does not, however, communicate the
conceptual framework he used

http://www.mathematica-users.org/
http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/math/bmwcs/master.html