Re: Run, RunThrough on OSX?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53346] Re: Run, RunThrough on OSX?
  • From: Yasvir Tesiram <Yasvir-Tesiram at omrf.ouhsc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:00:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Correct, not with the Notebook interface, but running the kernel from a
terminal it works. I don't know how the Notebook interface connects itself to
stdout and stdin but it is possible to pipe the output from an external
program to the Notebook interface using Import. Another way is to make
connections via streams.

Regards
Yas

Mathematica 5.0 for Mac OS X
Copyright 1988-2003 Wolfram Research, Inc.
 -- Terminal graphics initialized --

In[1]:= Run["date"]
Thu Jan  6 12:22:59 CST 2005

Out[1]= 0

In[2]:= $Version

Out[2]= 5.0 for Mac OS X (November 19, 2003)

Same goes for Linux.

Mathematica 5.0 for Linux
Copyright 1988-2003 Wolfram Research, Inc.
 -- Motif graphics initialized --

In[1]:= Run["date"]
Thu Jan  6 12:09:46 CST 2005

Out[1]= 0