Re: spotlight escape sequences
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58053] Re: spotlight escape sequences
- From: "Trevor Baca" <trevorbaca at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:19:00 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
spotlight definitely *does* now index the contents of my mathematica files. however, spotlight definitely *does not* cope with punctuation in my mathematica files. for example, if create a test notebook called test.nb and type in the following: MagicFooText Needs["Combinatorica`"] then spotlight finds MagicFooText and also finds Combinatorica but definitely *does not* find Needs["Combinatorica`"] and, in fact, as you type into spotlight, all found documents drop to zero the minute you type in the double quote. note, however, that punctuation sequences like /@ seem to cause spotlight no trouble; so, hence my original question: are there spotlight escape sequences that will allow searches like Needs["Combinatorica`"]? trevor.