question: re-organising equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55179] question: re-organising equations
  • From: "OneTel" <david.hanson at student.unsw.edu.au>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 05:35:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a set of simultaneous equations which are very long and so I will
not include them here. They take the form of:

    x = f(A,B,C,D)
    y = f(A,B,C,D)
    z = f(A,B,C,D)
    w = f(A,B,C,D)

I would like to re-organise these into the form:

    A = f(x,y,z,w)
    B = f(x,y,z,w)
    C = f(x,y,z,w)
    D = f(x,y,z,w)

May I trouble you for some suggestions as to how this can be achieved?

Thank you,

David Hanson
Research Postgraduate
UNSW, Kensington 2052 NSW