Re: Problems with brackets when exporting postscript
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62488] Re: [mg62482] Problems with brackets when exporting postscript
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:46:38 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Michael, > I have a problem with mathematica 4.0 for students. I create a contour > plot in which I have the axes titles of the form 'Energy (eV)' and > 'Momentum (au)' using Arial as the font. > When I export this as an eps the brackets become a very large H for > the left bracket and an L for the right bracket (viewed in ghost > viewer). If I copy and paste the image into word or something as a wmf > it prints out fine on small format printer > (A4) but reverts back to the H and L when printed on a large format > printer (A0). I am guessing this is a problem with the postscript > somewhere. Has anyone had this problem and solved it or can suggest a > work-around. Yeah .... That'll happen. The solution, as discussed on MathGroup Archives between 1995 & 2001, is to embed Mathematica's special fonts in the EPS file. There is (was) an entry on MathSource called emmbedmathfont by PJ Hinton that cures the problem. Regards, Dave.