another Bug in Reduce ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60487] another Bug in Reduce ?
- From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
- Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:15:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear group, in message <dba4l5$elr$1 at smc.vnet.net> (07/16 2005), Mukhtar Bekkali described a problem which involved Root[.] in dependance of a parameter. This revealed another difference in the Reduce algorithms of versions 5.1 and 5.2. Please have a look at http://people.freenet.de/Peter_Berlin/Mathe/ReduceBug/ReduceBug.nb or http://people.freenet.de/Peter_Berlin/Mathe/ReduceBug/ReduceBug.html. In this case, version 5.1 did the better Job (and faster too). Peter P.S. the strange looking test for the root being real became necessary, because Im[#]==0& did not work. (?) -- Peter Pein, Berlin GnuPG Key ID: 0xA34C5A82 http://people.freenet.de/Peter_Berlin/