MathLink and SparseArray
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65753] MathLink and SparseArray
- From: "jmartinezv at yahoo.com" <jmartinezv at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 03:49:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
[This post has been delayed due to email problems - moderator] Hi there, I have been using mathematica and C++ for analyising Markov processes, mostly represented with sparse matrices. So far, I've been exporting/importing the matrices into a file to pass the information between mathematica and programs in c++. I am using external code due to performance reasons. Is there any way I can avoid the exporting/importing process by, for example, using a non-documented function like MLGetRealSparseArray..., or any way of accessing the internal representation of the SparseArray (compressed row format)? The matrices i am working with are square and very sparse (<1% non-zero) but with millions of entries... many thanks in advance for any advice, J.M.Martinez Ph.D. student at University of Twente, the Netherlands.