MathLink and SparseArray

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65753] MathLink and SparseArray
  • From: "jmartinezv at yahoo.com" <jmartinezv at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 03:49:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

[This post has been delayed due to email problems - moderator]

Hi there,

I have been using mathematica and C++  for analyising Markov processes,
mostly
represented with sparse matrices. So far, I've  been
exporting/importing the matrices
into a file to pass the information between mathematica and programs in
c++.
I am using external code due to performance reasons.

Is there any way I can avoid the exporting/importing process by, for
example,
using a non-documented function like MLGetRealSparseArray..., or any
way of
accessing the internal representation of the SparseArray (compressed
row format)?

The matrices i am working with are square and very sparse (<1%
non-zero) but
with millions of entries...

many thanks in advance for any advice,

  J.M.Martinez
  Ph.D. student at University of Twente, the Netherlands.