Re: Re: Illusory Multicore Support in 5.2?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66054] Re: [mg66046] Re: Illusory Multicore Support in 5.2?
- From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 06:32:28 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200604260838.EAA02742@smc.vnet.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <200604270935.FAA03741@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm running the 64 bit version on my Quad-Core G5. I just got this unit, and have not tried to make it use all 4 processors, but so far, it uses at most one for the kernel, and one for the front end. iTunes (though a 32 bit process) uses all 4 processors when you crank the visualization options up. There are a couple other apps that do the same. I think that there are separate issues: 64 bitness and effective use of the available processors. When my boss is in a good mood, I'm going to try to get the funds to get the personal grid edition. ;-) george woodrow On Apr 27, 2006, at 5:35 AM, Chris Chiasson wrote: > Do the posters in this thread happen to be running a 32 bit version of > Mathematica? >