Re: Re: Illusory Multicore Support in 5.2?

I'm running the 64 bit version on my Quad-Core G5. I just got this
unit, and have not tried to make it use all 4 processors, but so far,
it uses at most one for the kernel, and one for the front end.

iTunes (though a 32 bit process) uses all 4 processors when you crank
the visualization options up. There are a couple other apps that do
the same.

I think that there are separate issues: 64 bitness  and effective use
of the available processors.

When my boss is in a good mood, I'm going to try to get the funds to
get the personal grid edition. ;-)

george woodrow