elasticity

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72363] elasticity
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:27:18 -0500 (EST)

I have ordered a new book called Continuum Mechanics using Mathematica

see here

http://www.amazon.com/Continuum-Mechanics-using-Mathematica-Fundamentals/dp/0817632409/sr=8-2/qid=1166756429/ref=sr_1_2/104-4481998-2595958?ie=UTF8&s=books

Does anyone know related applocations of Mathematica in the field of
the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity (and its brances such us
elastostatics, elastodynamics, fracture mechanics etc.)

In particular I am interested in the simulation of propagation of
elastic waves in unbounded and unbounded media (longitudinal,
transverse, Rayleigh, Stoneley, torsional waves and so on).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Dimitris