  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg72363] elasticity
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:27:18 -0500 (EST)

I have ordered a new book called Continuum Mechanics using Mathematica

see here

Does anyone know related applocations of Mathematica in the field of
the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity (and its brances such us
elastostatics, elastodynamics, fracture mechanics etc.)

In particular I am interested in the simulation of propagation of
elastic waves in unbounded and unbounded media (longitudinal,
transverse, Rayleigh, Stoneley, torsional waves and so on).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!