Re: Solve or Reduce?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64387] Re: Solve or Reduce?
- From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 03:31:59 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, || mean Or && mean And and C is an arbitary/undetermined constant Regards Jens "Math Novice" <math_novice_2 at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dsrtsn$592$1 at smc.vnet.net... | | I'm looking to solve the equation | | (13 Cos[q]-(5+8 Cos[f]))^2+(13 Sin[q]-(7+8 Sin[f]))^2?49 | | so that I can graph phi as a function of theta in the first quadrant only. A graph of the solution obtained using the Solve command produces unexpected results and I haven't used Mathematica much so I'm having trouble intrepreting the results that the Reduce operation produces. I understand that the solution is periodic but can someone interpret what the other symbols in the solution mean, e.g., C, &&, || etc.? |