Re: Mathematica 5.2 for Linux X Error
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64481] Re: Mathematica 5.2 for Linux X Error
- From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 02:50:27 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
rudy escreveu no grupo comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica: > Hello, > I'm using Mathematica (student version) 5.2 on Linux too > (Ubuntu distrib with Gnome) and i've a problem too: > the front end and the kernel work fine, but when i start Matmematica, > it seems to be a problem with gnome because the desk is bloqued... > Has somebody the same problem or an idea to solve it? I ran Mathematica 5.0 on Ubuntu Linux with GNOME (and in Slackware Linux with KDE too) and had no problems with it. Try running it from a terminal and then post what happens.