Installing AddOn

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg66860] Installing AddOn
  • From: john2 <john at>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:56:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm pretty much a novice in Mathematica but have ventured into it
because I want to use a Stable Statistics Package from
in 5.1.

I unzipped and installed the AddOn SMath in c:/Wolfram
Research/Mathematica/5.1/AddOns/Applications/ as instructed.  It should
load with the command

but the file is not recognized by Mathematica which returns
Get::noopen : Cannot open Stable distribution`SMath`

I checked with $Path and the file SMath.m is in a directory on the path.
  So what is the next step.  Not even sure if the file is correct as it
seems to be in binary, i.e. the first lines read in Notepad are
BEX2=mcUTP6@oXt~$/27,yoERZ\Q'iG~ V[P]sD[MV18XdLd6`?e(YGbd}9IE<Vf^0"b&-

which looks like pure binary to me.  Perhaps this is compiled code.

thanks in advance