Re: <> doesn't work in filename in a batch mode ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg67023] Re: <> doesn't work in filename in a batch mode ?
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 05:09:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
bar at ANTYSPAM.ap.krakow.pl wrote: > When i used : > > dir = "/home/bar/TMP/"; > lists >> dir <> "filename.lst"; > > it works correctly in graphical mode (notebook) > When i try use it in batch mode ( math < file.m) > i obtained: > > Syntax::sntxf: "lists>>dir" cannot be followed by "<>"filename.lst";". > > > Why ? > > Try the input form of Put in place of >> For instance, Put[list, Evaluate[StringJoin[dir, "filename.txt"]]] HTH, Jean-Marc