- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65238] Re: [mg65222] BinomialDistribution
- From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 03:19:20 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200603181140.GAA09803@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Solomon, Joshua wrote:
> This makes me feel foolish.
> This gives me a nice, bell-shaped curve, with a minimum of about 0 and a
> maximum of about .09. Let's integrate it from 0 to .29.
> How can this be negative?
This is from numeric cancellation error in evaluating the antiderivative
at the endpoints. It will behave better if you use NIntegrate, or use
Integrate but make the bounds exact. For either of those I get (after
numericizing the latter) around .007318.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: