About subscripts

Hi all,
I use mathematica 5.2 for students. Normally, I charge the package
Utilities`SubscriptSymbols` and runs very well. But, when I operate
with symbols E or I (both with subscripts) Mathematica yields "e" or
"i" with subscripts. I think is more elegante to obtain "E" or "I" with
subscripts, because "E" or "I" without subscripts are constants and "E"
or "I" with subscripts are symbols.

How can I to convert "e" or "i" with subscripts to "E" or "I" with
subscripts.

Thanks