Re: A Mathematica crash under MacOS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66474] Re: A Mathematica crash under MacOS
  • From: bev at fus.net
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:48:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am also having some trouble with Show in Mathematica 5.2 under MacOS
10.3.9, although my problem is with graphics. A clipping mask is
applied which clips any graphics that fall outside the plot range. So,
arrowheads are cut off, along with axis labels that I try to place
manually instead of using the AxesLabel option. (I'm creating art for
use in math textbooks; the arrowheads and axis labels must be placed
per art design specs.) In addition, when the finished graphic is
converted to eps format, the size is not maintained and the fonts don't
convert cleanly. Interestingly, when the graphic is converted to pdf
format, the size is maintained, but the fonts still don't convert
cleanly. I've contacted tech support about this, but haven't received
an answer yet, other than that they are looking into it.

Beverly Fusfield
Nesbitt Graphics
b_fusfield at nesbittgraphics.com