Re: Re: help!!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66677] Re: [mg66643] Re: [mg66630] help!!
  • From: János <janos.lobb at yale.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 03:50:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On May 25, 2006, at 5:20 AM, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

> On 25 May 2006, at 15:58, János wrote:
>
>> "What is the problem ?  Even uneducated English people can read
>> English. "
>
> Well, I think you are overstating it a little. You do need some
> education to be able to read ;-)
>
> Andrzej Kozlowski
> Tokyo, Japan

You are right.  I was overstating a little.  His exact words were:

" Even an idiot in England is capable to read English"

Well, he told it to me after some days of scanning over English high
school physics books, which were full of errors, - like the force
going through one body to act on another body behind it, etc... - so
I think at that time an "idiot" for him were english physics books
writers, who obviously were not illiterate :)

János

Trying to argue with a politician is like lifting up the head of a
corpse.
(S. Lem: His Master Voice)