Re: Re: Prefix function syntax f @ x

I discovered the @ notation not very long ago, and have been
using it often ever since. One clear advantage is that it spares us
the hunt for the critical spot for the closing "]", for example
if we are editing a pre-existing expression.

You may be familiar with the standard math "circle" notation
for composition of functions, "f\circ g" in TeX.
You can think of the "@" notation as an extension of that:

f \circ g(x),  meaning f(g(x)),

translates as

f @ g[x]