- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70589] complex eigenvectors
- From: "Attila Szállás" <attila.szallas at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 05:22:05 -0400 (EDT)
I have a problem with Eigenvectors function in Mathematica. I`d like
to calculate enough big matrixes eigenvalues, eigenvectors problem in
numerical way. The matrixes are real and the eigenvalues and
eigenvectors should be also real because of the special matrix type
(antisymmetric connections matrix, it means that nearly all value are
zero, except some integer with special rules). In a big size scale
(1200, 700, depend on the system) I get some complex eigenvectors, and
not only the eigenvectors that belong to zero eigenvalues. All
eigenvalues are real in all case.
- Can be this numerical fault?
- How can I eliminate this.
Thanks for all help
Prev by Date:
Programming style: postfix/prefix vs. functional
Next by Date:
Re: Quizzes and Tests
Previous by thread:
Re: Programming style: postfix/prefix vs. functional
Next by thread:
\( not stable during copy&paste