Solve with dot products

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg70723] Solve with dot products
  • From: Oliver Friedrich <xoliver.friedrich at tzm.dex>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:24:43 -0400 (EDT)

I have some difficulties with interpretation of a solution that Solve

From In[2]:=
Solve::ifun: Inverse functions are being used by Solve, so some solutions
may \
not be found.

When I do that equation by hand I get something that I can't put into
correspondence with the solution above.

* means Inverse of a

a.b.c=d    	    	    	|(_)*

c*.b*.a*=d*    	    	|c.

b*.a*=c.d*    	    	|b.

b and c are swapped compared to the Mathematica solution.

1) Where's my error?
2) What's the interpretation of such an InverseFunction expression, I
don't get along the docu.
3) What's the z in InverseFunction[x,y,z][args] good for when I could
count the number of arguments in args?

Thanks a lot for your help

Oliver Friedrich

My email has no x!