Re: deleting a title or subtitle in a notebook

Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> In considering my response further, another possibility occurred to me:
> You are using a notebook StyleSheet in which Title and Subtitle cells do
> not display their cell brackets at all.
>
> In that case, you could temporarily change the Style Sheet back to a
> default style that does show those brackets, delete the cell, and then
> restore the Style Sheet you want.  Of course do this ONLY if you are
> using a saved, separate Style Sheet rather than an imported copy that
> you have modified.

It's also possible to select the cell even if the bracket is not
displayed. Put the cursor where the bracket *would be* if it were
visible, select, and delete. (Yes, it's not the easiest thing in the
world to select an invisible bracket, but I have done it and it does work.)

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont