Quantum Commutator

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79085] Quantum Commutator
  • From: jrc <jrchaff at mcn.net>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 02:56:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all you advanced Mathematica programmers,

Has anyone built a generalized (i.e., works with any type
of arguments) 'commutator' as in Quantum Physics:

   Commutator[A,B,psi]:= Aop on Bop on psi - Bop on Aop on psi

It is easy to build a specific kind, like [x,px]psi; it would
seem there should be a way to generalize this with all the
functions like 'apply','map', etc etc. I've tried, but I'm
a real novice at 'programming' Mathematica. I use v6 soon 6.01.

Thanks for any comments.

Dick Chaffer
Bozeman, MT