Re: math -mathlink, ssh ...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79162] Re: [mg79064] math -mathlink, ssh ...
  • From: Steve Wilson <stevew at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 03:20:59 -0400 (EDT)

Andres,

Windows to Windows connections via ssh will not function in the same
manner as a Windows to Unix connection.  Windows Mathematica programs
use the SharedMemory LinkProtocol which is incompatible with data
forwarding over ssh.   If you want to use ssh connections between
Windows machines, you will need to tunnel the TCPIP LinkProtocol over
ssh.

Sincerely,

Steve Wilson
Wolfram Research Inc.