Mathematica 6 on Linux Crashed Down

I used an Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 Operative System, on an AtlonXP 2800.

En general I have no problems using Mathematica on Linux, but when I roteate
with the cursor an image, it simply crahsed down. The message generated in
the console when i rotated the image and Mathematica die is

Mathematica: via_context.c:610: viaDestroyContext: Assertion
`((&vmesa->tex_image_list[1])->next == (&vmesa->tex_image_list[1]))' failed.
Cancelado

I hope someone knows what happen, or haw to fix the problem,