Re: 6.0 looks really nice so far.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75874] Re: 6.0 looks really nice so far.
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 03:11:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hatto von Aquitanien wrote:
> This is not just a feature accretion.  Mathematica 6.0 has a new UI.  I have
> not had time to explore much, but the very simple fact that I can drag a 3D
> image around in its space with a mouse is terrific!  The help interface is
> completely reworked.  There are lots of tutorials which look potentially
> very helpful.  There are many great new graphics features.

I installed 6.0 last night, and started fooling around with it this
afternoon when I was supposed to be grading final exams. Everywhere I
look, I find cool new things to play with. "Manipulate" is fantastic,
and having what used to be RealTime3D without loading anything will make
a lot of my colleagues happy, as will the ability to plot a surface over
restricted domain (a disk, say).

They have done a great job with 6.0.

--
Helen Read