- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83241] Re: solver?
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:20:13 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Claus wrote: > Hi, > so far I've been using sometimes the solver in MS excel: There is one > cell/expression that depends on a bunch of data. This one expression is > also dependent on two variables. I use the solver in excel to adapt the > two variables so that the one expression is maximal. > > How is that best done with Mathematica? > > Thanks for your help, > Claus > I don't use Excel, so I don't know how its "solver" works, but it sounds like you should take a look at the doc page guide/Optimization (type this into the "address bar" of the documentation centre). -- Szabolcs