Re: Manipulator Import in Powerpoint

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82225] Re: Manipulator Import in Powerpoint
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:28:13 -0400 (EDT)

Sadly there is a misguided belief that Powerpoint is some sort of
"standard" (look, I just have to say this--I HATE Powerpoint and think
that it is one of the great misfortunes that has befallen the art of
communication...), so IF you can transition to using Mathematica to do
your presentations it will open up Vistas (sorry the pun) in
presentation possibilities that are Reimann surfaces beyond whatever
MS products will ever achieve...

OK, that said (and done with emotional rant), I assume that there is
no integration of Powerpoint with Flash video (MS really does not do
much with moving Powerpoint forward--I suspect that it is the one
product that they filed with the least development resources placed
upon it).  But if Flash were something that Powerpoint could display
then, as a stopgap, you could export your Manipulate as a SWF file and
embed it in the Powerpoint to at least show some of what the
Manipulate can do.

Hope that this helps,
--David
http://scientificarts.com/worklife
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...