Setting up TableOfContents in Textbook style

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81309] Setting up TableOfContents in Textbook style
  • From: chuck009 <dmilioto at comcast.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:20:06 -0400 (EDT)

Can anyone help me get Table of Contents working for Textbook style?  I assume when it's working, if I set up a TOC style cell after title, then each time I add a new chapter, the title of that chapter will magically appear in the TOC cell.  Well, I wrangled with it and am not getting much to appear except when I hit the Return key in the TOC style, a new cell with an incremented number just gets added at the bottom.

Really I'd like to set it up so that the TOC cell gets automatically updated with both chapter and section each time I add either to the document.

Can anyone suggest a sample document that has this set up?