Re: Export to flash error. Export["file.swf",var] Export::rasterr: An unrecoverable error was encountered when rasterizing. >>

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81336] Re: Export to flash error. Export["file.swf",var] Export::rasterr: An unrecoverable error was encountered when rasterizing. >>
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:38:21 -0400 (EDT)

"Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org> wrote in message news:...
> This is really strange. I've export to flash before with no problem.
> Now I get this error:
>
> Export["animation.swf", animation]
>
>        Export::rasterr: An unrecoverable error was encountered when
> rasterizing. >>
>
> animation is the Manipulate[] result.
>
> again, I've done this before (in different notebooks) and not had a
> problem.
> Any one else seen such an error and why it can happen? help is not helping
> much.
>
> Here is a screen shot
>
> http://12000.org/tmp/091907/export_error.PNG
>
> This is Mathematica 6.0.1 on windoz XP. 4 GB RAM, core 2 due 6850.
>
> I am running another separate Mathematica on the same PC, it should not
> have anything to do with it, just thought to mention it.
>
> AutorunSequencing work fine on-line, so I do not think this has anything
> to do with  it.
>
> Any idea? No error message on the Messages console.
> thanks,
> Nasser

Just an update. I also tried to export the Manipulate to AVI, and I get
these errors:

BinaryWrite::nocoerce:
System`Convert`CommonGraphicsDump`RasterDataPacketToBGR[$Failed] cannot be
coerced to the specified format. >>

Here is a screen shot:
http://12000.org/tmp/091907/export_error_avi.PNG

It seems may be something wrong with my Manipulate setup? strange...

Btw, exporting Manipulate to GIF crashed Mathematica.  Any one knows if it
is possible to export Manipulate animation to animated GIF? clearly just
doing export["m.gif",m] does not work as is, where m is the Manipulate
expression.

I'd rather have an animated gif than flash if possible for the manipulate.

Nasser