Re: Flat colour in RegionPlot; millions of little triangles

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81626] Re: Flat colour in RegionPlot; millions of little triangles
  • From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 06:27:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jean-Marc,

Thanks for the reply.

On 29/09/2007, at 16:19 , Jean-Marc Gulliet wrote:
> Could you be more precise about the size of the exported files
> (before and after manual fixing) and about what size you expect and =

> deem as reasonable?

Sure, the example I posted is not particularly large or complex (but
it does demonstrate the problem). When calculating RegionPlot with a
troublesome function that requires a very tight mesh, however, the
problem is much worse. (Displaying the PDF in Acrobat Reader is
visibly delayed as it stops to draw every single blue polygon.)

I can't test out a more complicated example until I get back to my
office but you might find that this produces a more troublesome PDF:
   ContourPlot[Sin[x y],{x,=E2=88=925,5},{y,=E2=88=925,5}]

Hope this helps,
Will