RE: How edit a saved palette?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85249] RE: [mg85234] How edit a saved palette?
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 03:12:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi Murray,
Try the following:
Open the palette in Mathematica, select it and run "Generate Notebook from
Palette" in the Palettes drop-down menu. Then some palette should appear in
a new notebook. Close that palette and select again the wanted palette and
run the menu command again. Repeat until the wanted palette appears in a
notebook. Select it there, and convert it to InputForm or StandardForm. Then
you might edit it, and maybe can recreate the palette with the CreatePalette
command (there are other ways too). Then the trick is to move the palette
slightly on the screen, and the close it. Then you will be asked if you want
to save it.

Do not forget to mail a copy of the improved palette to the primary
author...
Best regards

Ingolf Dahl