Re: How should I start with mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85518] Re: How should I start with mathematica?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:15:18 -0500 (EST)

On 2/11/08 at 7:12 AM, dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk (David Bailey)
wrote:

>I completely agree - can you remember who it was who wrote a
>"Mathematica book generator" and posted it here - if you can, I will
>add a link to it on my site, because that is all that we seem to
>have for the foreseeable future!

Although you addressed this question to Murray, I am taking the
liberty to answer since I still happen to have the relevant
emails in my archives.

There were two notebooks that did created this documentation.
One was written by Thomas Muench, last updated in his message of
Aug 2007. The other notebook was created by Fred Simons. Fred
posted is code in the same thread. Fred indicated is code was
not as complete but used a somewhat different approach to the problem.