Re: Running programs from the command line in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg90838] Re: Running programs from the command line in Mathematica
- From: Steven Siew <stevensiew2 at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 06:19:39 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
It seems Run does not capture any output from the program run. <from the online manual> It is important to realize that Run never =93captures=94 any of the output from an external command. As a result, where this output goes is purely determined by your operating system. Similarly, Run does not supply input to external commands. This means that the commands can get input through any mechanism provided by your operating system. Sometimes external commands may be able to access the same input and output streams that are used by Mathematica itself. In some cases, this may be what you want. But particularly if you are using Mathematica with a front end, this can cause considerable trouble.