Re: SetOptions[TableForm] doesn't seem to work?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg89313] Re: SetOptions[TableForm] doesn't seem to work?
- From: Helen Read <read at math.uvm.edu>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 00:43:45 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AES wrote: > Thanks for replies from David Park and Helen Read, and I'll set to work > learning Grid. > > But to respond in defense of TableForm, there are many occasions when > one is not formatting material for printing or distribution, instead one > is doing an initial analysis and just wants to get a quick one-shot > picture of how some expression is going to behave, or test some function > one is coding. > > In that case, what could be simpler, quicker, terser, and easier to > remember than > > Table[---table contents---] // TableForm Table[ ]//Grid will also do it. -- Helen Read University of Vermont