Re: Function Works in Notebook NOT Package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86565] Re: Function Works in Notebook NOT Package
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:52:59 -0500 (EST)

What do you mean when you say "it does not work"?  If you at least
provided a sample input, and explained what kind of output you were
expecting, then you would spare us the trouble of having to read a long
and uncommented piece of code full misused ToStrings.

I get the same output for random 2D matrices, no matter if I define the
function in the front end or load it from a package.

But I wouldn't be surprised if that MakeExpression caused trouble.
Strings are converted to expressions with ToExpression, not MakeExpression.

Andrew Beveridge wrote:
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> I am using Mathematica 5.2.
>
> I wrote a function that compares rows in a 2D array. If the
> individual values of the rows are within some tolerance, for example
> 15%, it is considered a match.

Within 15% tolerance of what?  What does the function return?  Please
provide an exact description of the problem.