Re: FFT in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93868] Re: FFT in Mathematica
  • From: "sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:32:50 -0500 (EST)

Before I'm going to look into this any further: could you explain what
you think is 'weird' with the plot? Do you know what ought to be the
outcome of the transform?

By the way, I forgot to mention that you may want to use the option
FourierParameters -> {0, -2 Pi} in FourierTransform if you want f to
be in Hertz.

Cheers -- Sjoerd

On Nov 26, 12:16 pm, Oliver <sch_oliver2... at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hallo Nasser,
> many thanks for ur suggestions..
>
> In 1/(4*(Pi*1*t)  it is supposed to be 1 and not I but i just wrote 1 b=
ecause the original equation is 1/(4*(Pi*Alpha*t) And Alpha is supposed to =
be constant which is almost equal to 1.

> well, i took your solution and then plotted the Spectrum of it like this:
>
> Plot[Cosh[(1 + I)*Sqrt[f]*Sqrt[3*Pi]]/(2*Sqrt[3]*Pi) // Abs, {f, 0,
>   1000}]
>
> But i still have the problem that the Plot looks unexcpected and weird.
> Actually, my aim is to calculate the Spectrum Bandwidth, but i do not thi=
nk that i can calculate the bandwidth of the resulted Plot because i do not=
 see any peaks.