Re: Comment display style?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg93939] Re: [mg93926] Comment display style?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 04:30:15 -0500 (EST)

I don't know how to make my e-mail client read  UTF-8, but I don't
understand the problem.  In Mathematica 7.0 under Windows XP, if I want
a subscript on something inside a comment, I do exactly the same thing
as I would to make a subscript anywhere else:  type Ctrl-_ and then the
subscript, and either Ctrl-space or right-arrow to return to the main lev=

Does Unicode change any of that?

Virgil Stokes wrote:
> Suppose I have the following Mathematica input expression, (please try =

> Unicode (UTF-8) character encoding if this expression is displayed with=

> some strange characters in it).
> =CE=94b={=CE=B4,0,0,0}; (* Perturb b1 *)
> How do I change the style of the comment so that it will display as b
> subscripted with 1?. That is, equivalent to $b_1$ in a LaTeX document.
> In general, I would like to be able to have more control of how
> individual characters are displayed in a comment.
> Note, I am using vers. 5.2 of Mathematica.
> --V. Stokes

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305