LinearModelFit regression estimated variance error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102310] LinearModelFit regression estimated variance error
  • From: Parita <parita.patel at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 05:43:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

I want to run linear regression in Mathematica and am using
LinearModelFit for the same. Following is the code that I am using.
data1 contains the 10 columns. The first 9 columns contains the data
through which I want to run regression and the last column contains
the response value.

model = LinearModelFit [data1, {a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i}, {a, b, c,
d, e, f, g, h, i}];
Print[model["BestFit"]];

However, I am getting the following two errors -
FittedModel::varzero: The estimated variance is zero. Properties
requiring division by the variance or standard error will not be
computed.

FittedModel::varnum: The estimated variance -8.76512*10^-32 is not a
positive number. Properties requiring division by the variance or
standard error will not be computed.
FittedModel::badfit: -- Message text not found --

I am getting the coefficients for the regression model bu the standard
error, p-values and R-squared are indeterminate. Any ideas what this
error means and how can I go around it?

Thanks in advance for your help