Re: Which editor do you use for math articles

On Jan 19, 1:00 am, DrMajorBob <btre... at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> What I find odd is using a text editor for this.
>
> Is TeX a version of HTML, then?
>
> Bobby

The final version of TeX was developed in 1980-81 at Stanford, and was placed
on the public domain in 1982.  It was written in Pascal but the 81 beta
didnt have DVI-to-print drivers.  I wrote the VAX assembly driver for the
Versatek.

HTML came out in 1991-93, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML