Clustering algorithm Mathematica 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105081] Clustering algorithm Mathematica 7
  • From: Jan Baetens <jan.baetens at ugent.be>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:39:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Currently, I'm using the built-in clustering algorithm of Mathematica 7,
though it isn't clear for me which algorithm it actually is since this
is not mentioned in the extended help pages. Presumably, it's the normal
K-means clustering but I'm not sure.

As such, I'd like know whether someone knows which implementation is
used in Mathematica 7 for data clustering.

Thanks,

Jan

--
ir. Jan Baetens

Ghent University
Department of Applied Mathematics, Biometrics and Process Control
Coupure Links 653
B-9000 Gent
Belgium

jan.baetens at UGent.be