Re: deploying a package in human-unreadable form

On 7/12/10 at 7:21 AM, rschmied at gmail.com (Roman) wrote:

>Thanks to all! Indeed a combination of Locked, ReadProtected, and
>Encode do the job. Now the question is: as I work in academic
>scientific research, would I get more bug reports and patch
>suggestions if I published my package under the GPL instead of
>encoded?

My guess is the rate at which you get bug reports isn't very
dependent on whether the package is published under GPL or
encoded. I would think it would depend more on how easy it is to
submit bug reports and whether your users expect to benefit from
submitting bug reports.