Re: Texture with transparency not working

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116512] Re: Texture with transparency not working
  • From: Chris Hill <chill at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 05:21:11 -0500 (EST)

At 03:33 AM 2/16/2011, Sjoerd C. de Vries wrote:
>I've been trying all examples in the Texture doc page. They all work
>just great except for three: the first one is the example below the
>"Scope/texture styling" header and the other two are the examples
>below the" Generalizations and extensions" header. The common
>denominator is that all three examples use transparency in their
>textures.

Could you describe the result you get from these examples?  Is the
rendering blank, non-transparent, etc?

Do those examples work if you supply this option to Graphics3D?

BaseStyle->{RenderingOptions->{"Graphics3DRenderingEngine"->"BSPTree"}}

This will change the algorithm used to render transparent scenes.

Chris Hill
Wolfram Research