Re: Formatting in XLS(X) files
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg122104] Re: Formatting in XLS(X) files
- From: Tyler <hayes.tyler at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 05:53:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Another option, if this is going to be a regular report generated I've used in the past is:  Create a blank template XLS file with the formatting you require/ want. TEMPLATE_some_report.xls  In your code, make a copy of the file templatedir/TEMPLATE_some_report.xls -> report/ some_report_file_yyyymmdd.xls  Control the writing of your output to the appropriate cells in "reportdir/some_report_yyyy_mm_dd.xls" I find this has the advantage of not having to worry about picking up VBA and the template can be altered fairly easily without messing with the main code. However, this does become problematic if the report is constantly changing and somewhat painful. Sorry I couldn't help with the actual question, but hopefully it might offer a quick workaround for you in the meantime. Cheers, t.