Re: Controlling scale of Graphics on paper

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126242] Re: Controlling scale of Graphics on paper
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:32:23 -0400 (EDT)

Sir, thank you for the suggestion. I guess I don't understand
how to use it yet. In my example use below, I get a pdf with a
circle taking up the whole page no matter what radius I give the
Circle. Here I use a radius of 1 (I use an un-capitalized exportScaled
function name). Could you please give an example where I can produce
pdf's containing circles of specified radius? Thank you, Rob

fig = Circle[{0, 0}, 1] // Graphics;

exportScaled["circle.pdf", fig]

Try this:

Export[NotebookDirectory[] <> "circle.bmp",
 Graphics[Circle[{0, 0}, 1], ImageSize -> 29.812*{5, 5}]]

Do not forget to first save your Mathematica notebook with the above operator somewhere (otherwise NotebookDirectory[] has no sense).
You will get a bmp file containing the image of your circle. I tried, it is 5*5 cm after printing. You can also export the same as a pdf file. Just replace circle.bmp by circle.pdf.
In my case the pdf files appeared corrupted and refused to be printed. I do not know the reason though, it may be local.

If the size in your case appears not exactly the one you expect, try to play with the coefficient (which is 29.812 in the present case).

Have fun, Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan,