Re: Mathematica on tablet computer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124015] Re: Mathematica on tablet computer
  • From: Ralph Dratman <ralph.dratman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 05:59:53 -0500 (EST)

You wrote,

"P.S. Isn't it against the Mathematica license to run it in such remote
manner?"

I think this use would be ok with them. It is still just one person using
it, specifically the licensed user, and that use is taking place on the
licensed computer. The fact that the sound and picture are moved to a
different part of my house is no different from my using lkeyboard, monitor
and mouse extension cords.

Bear in mind that under civil law, as I understand it, to bring a lawsuit
you have to show harm. In this case, the company has not been harmed. They
have not lost any sales or reputation.

Best regards

Ralph