Re: Approximate Zero Times A Symbol

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127068] Re: Approximate Zero Times A Symbol
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 04:01:20 -0400 (EDT)

Zero times anything is zero  (Times help: "0 x evaluates to 0, and 0.0
x evaluates to 0.0."). For an extreme example,

0 * Plot[x, {x, 0, 1}]

0

Another approach:

Manipulate[
 theta = angle Degree;
 NumberForm[Row[{
     Sin[theta], " ", x, " + ",
     Cos[theta], " ", y}] // Chop,
  {7, 6}],
 {{angle, 0, "   angle\n{degrees)"}, 0, 90, 0.5,
  Appearance -> "Labeled"}]

Bob Hanlon

--
Bob Hanlon