Re: Engineering requests

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125398] Re: Engineering requests
  • From: "McHale, Paul" <Paul.McHale at excelitas.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 04:06:47 -0500 (EST)

David,

>> Have you explored the Units` package?

I have, but have probably not given it sufficient time.  I'm not sure "automatic" and "natural" would describe the implementation.

>> If the data is definitely evenly spaced in time, why not write a function that
>> splits out the second dimension as in mylist[[All,2]], and performs a Fourier Transform?

We are looking for software spectrum analyzer functionality.  Without the sampling rate, we can assign frequency to the graph.

>> Because typeset expressions can be embedded in graphics, it might be fairly easy to build
>> what you have in mind - but it would need a better specification!

The best specification I could give is to look at the competition.  They have put a lot of time into a significantly lesser product and been tragically successful.  The white board capability is, however, industry leading.  It just falls of quite sharply after that.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul McHale  |  Electrical Engineer, Energetics Systems  |  Excelitas Technologies Corp.

Phone:   +1 937.865.3004   |   Fax:  +1 937.865.5170   |   Mobile:   +1 937.371.2828
1100 Vanguard Blvd, Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-0312 USA
Paul.McHale at Excelitas.com
www.excelitas.com

This email message and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to Excelitas Technologies Corp. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the sender by replying to this email or sending a message to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments.
Thank you