Re: A new FrontEnd

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg128030] Re: A new FrontEnd
  • From: Leo Ditolaghi <leoditolaghi at>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 04:03:20 -0400 (EDT)

Points taken, and especially with respect to the idea that a "Bold Greek
Theta" symbol would likely be much easier to specify via speech rather
than in handwriting input, or some gesture-driven interface, or palette

The reason I said "hybrid" was to recognize that the creation of a
reliable handwriting input method is no easy feat, and therefore there
would need to be some other augmenting technology perhaps. Perhaps, for
example, writing with a stylus with one hand while using a some kind of
"wireless modifier controller" in the other, in tandem. I wonder if
using speech to locate or edit symbols might not be too tedious to be
practical, however.

I guess I will wait for brainwave-driven input after all, and merely
watch what I think appear in my document. :D